Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Block Do Over - Splendid Sampler

In my effort to try and blog more often, I am working on the Splendid Sampler blocks.  I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.  Tonight I worked on the Wings block.  I tell you it was a poor effort at best.



Working with 1'1/2 " squares is and effort for me.  Then I got my seam allowances wrong from the start.  I started off with a 1/4" then some were a scant 1/4" each, so you know the seams weren't matching, but I forced them too.  Then I starched it into submission.   By the time I finish this block I was ready to throw it out the window (that is if the window was open, still cold out).  I also did not like my fabric choices.  The butterflies are o.k. but the 4 patches need a little work.  Need to look through my stash a little more.

I also need to find out how to link these blocks to the Splendid Sampler.  I have read how to link, but my mind does not wrap around it.  Not concentrating, brain still on vacation. I might have to wait for Linda (eat, sleep, quilt) to get back from Atlantic City to walk me through this.

Here is little Asia taken her first steps.  She is on her way here, so I have to clean up my sewing so she want get into in fabric or needles on the floor.


I will try to work on another Sampler block tomorrow night and redo the Wings block.

Have a Happy Quilt Day
The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

8 comments:

  1. I work tiny all the time. Shorten your stitch, slow down your machine. Finger press seams. I never put an iron to a small block until it is all pieced - everything is finger pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I just found your blog. Piecing is a passion for me and so is reading. I have a Kindle that I use in my sewing room. I use the audio on it so I can sew and listen at the same time. It's the best of both worlds. I've become a Follower of your blog and hope to pop in on occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your humor and wit! You at least have a blog. Me, I always have excuses but love to buy fabric and quilt! :) I enjoy your writing and activities, so keep it up. I work from home (medical transcriptionist), so I can get too busy cruising the web.... Take care and see you on the quilter side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The block looks terrific! I like your colors and super that you could get it to all go together!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Felicia, I am doing the Splendid Sampler also. I look forward to seeing more of your blocks here or maybe on facebook? :)

    ReplyDelete