Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Cold, Snow, Baby on the Way

 

clip_image001

Baby it’s cold outside around here, we have had about 17 below and snow is coming.  Not sure how much in the district but I am glad I do not have to work tomorrow.

I have not had a chance to get back to my quilting.  My daughter is coming to stay with me for a time, so I have been trying to get the house together and cook up some food for the week.  She will be going into the hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) to have a baby.  IT’S A GIRL.  It is the first girl in the family in 37 years.  Looking forward for little Asia, yes that will be her name Asia to come into the world.

I hoping to finish up my Support quilt this week so I can pass it on to my friend Tracie.  It is so cold in my sewing room that I will have to move my machine to either my bedroom or the living room.  Looking forward to showing off again.

Well not much to write about, plan to spend the rest of the night reading what you are up too.

Keep warm with a quilt, and keep sewing.

The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

8 comments:

  1. A new baby....how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have exciting times ahead with your daughter and Asia - congratulations! Enjoy, and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your work cut out for you! A new baby girl! I hope everything goes well for you, your daughter and brand new granddaughter. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! A new granddaughter! That is so exciting.We don't have any girls in our family either so I can imagine how thrilled you are. I hope everything goes well today. Congratulations to everyone.
    We have not had ANY snow here where I live in the South. We did get an ice storm yesterday.It is very pretty, but you can't play in the ice. The temps have been in the 40's or 50's during the day, but below freezing at night. I am looking forward to seeing at least a few snow flakes. I would so enjoy that. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new baby girl!!!!!! Have you been buying pink fabric like crazy? hahahaha. Here in S.E. Wisconsin we have been having a bit of a cold snap and I won't bore you with how cold it has been here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...You have to get started on a quilt for Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! A girl...congratulations! I've got another Monkey Boy due any day, so we'll both be enjoying sweet grandma time, won't we! Try to stay war!

    ReplyDelete