Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Drowning in Fabric

It has been awhile since I have blogged.  Summer is ending and things are slowing down, and now I am back.  I have not been doing any sewing this summer, but I am ready to get back to the sewing room.  But before I can do that I need to put things back were they belong and clean that darn cutting table.  So last weekend I took the time to do that.

This is what my cutting table looks like.  I know that under all this stuff is fabric for past projects, and things that I need to mail out.

SAM_2723

I also and about three bags of scraps and fabric in the sewing room that I need to go through and put them in the bind that seem to be a little empty since all the fabric is everywhere else in the house.

SAM_2726SAM_2727SAM_2730SAM_2731

As you can see there are a lot of binds, but it is so much easier when fabric is color coordinated and you can find what you need.

SAM_2728SAM_2729 

I thought that Louie would be helping me, but like always he likes to stuff himself in to boxes and baskets.

 

SAM_2732

During the sorting stage of cleaning up the fabric, I had to run out to the dollar store a pick up this nice size bucket to hold my scraps.  As you can see it is full already, put this are just some nice size pieces that can be use for scrappy quilts and since the price of fabric is going up, I can not see be throwing them away (yet). 

SAM_2733

Now here is my nice clean and straighten cutting table.  The blue/green fabric is the backing for the T-Shirt quilt that I did early this year and hope to lay it out after church tomorrow.

I know this will not last for long.  My goal is to each month, to finish any un-quilted tops that I have before starting new projects.  Then you know Christmas will be here soon.  I will be going on a fabric buying bus trip in October, so what every I plan to make I have to make sure I buy enough fabric to make it with.

 

Sew until I blog again

The Slow Quilter (Felicia)

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have a big supply of fabric for future projects all organized and ready at hand. Looking forward to your finishes. I have a few of those I need to accomplish myself. Happy Sewing! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that buries my sewing table. Yours looks great now though! Maybe I'd better get to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing sew well not buying fabric and all of a sudden, I fell off the wagon. Really need to start sewing and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you have confessed and not in denial. I am over run with fabric too, but for some reason I can't admit it to myself or others:0). I think I need an intervention.

    ReplyDelete