Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Picture Quilt Finish

First I would like to wish you all a Happy Belated Mother’s Day.

I had a very nice Mother's Day were by father took my stepmother, sister and myself out.  We usually go to Applebee’s is favorite restaurant, but he wanted to take us to this all you can eat place.  When we got there the line was out the door, so we ended up at I-Hop.  Which was not that bad, since I did not have breakfast before church and they do have a dinner menu.  I hope you all had a great Mother’s Day.

Now, I have finished the quilt.  On Saturday after my church meeting (does it seem I am in church all the time other then Sunday?  I do.)  You know that I had put on a miter boarder.  After looking at for awhile, it just look like something was wrong, like it was lopsided.  I try to fix it, but it just was not working for me, so I took the boarders off and put a traditional boarder on.

I like to thank all the bloggers out they who gave me suggestion on the seam allowance on the piece backing and the iron it up or to the side.  I got the backing together and sandwiched the quilt.

Sunday after I got back from the dinner, I went in and stitched in the ditched (I’m still not a freehand quilter).  So if you have not seen my little trick with the binding here is a pictures.  I roll it on a tube and sit it under my table and run it off so it will not drag on the floor since it need to be vacuumed.

SAM_0940SAM_0941SAM_0942SAM_0943

I sewed the binding my hand while watching Once Upon a Time and Games of Thrones.    So here is the quilt, not a very good picture, but hey it was late and I was tired.

SAM_0944 Now my co-workers mother is do back in town today, so they will surprise her with it.  She said she will tape her reaction or get pictures, so hopefully I will be able to share that with you tomorrow night.

I am off from work today, so after dropping of the quilt when into the sewing room to make a block for someone special, which I can no tell you about until after next week.  I had these two eggplants, so I decide to fix an eggplant parmesan, which I like but I do not think anyone in the house does, if they do not like it, I will take it to work with me tomorrow.

While, I have a church meeting tonight and got to run, so until tomorrow.

The Slow Quilter.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun Mother's Day. The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finished quilt looks wonderful, you did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your quilt! It's gorgeous! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I hope the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete