Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, April 30, 2012

What Every Happen To That UFO

You know, I have been doing so much, (not really), but it does seem like I have been doing a lot of something.  When I first started my blogging I was to be working on UFOs that I have sitting around here, but I started joining everything on the blog, and working on BOM projects, and trying to finish requests, and the all consuming blogging.

Do you know that I have been off for a week and all I have accomplished was get my picture quilt just about finished.  Today is the first time I stayed home long enough to pull out that UFO and start working back on it.  At first I could not find two of the block, and had to go back to the sewing room to find it.  Yah people I am sewing in the bed room, I like it up here.  I had to look at one of my old Feb. 15th post to find out which ones I was missing.  You know if you have not looked at any of my old posts, you should there are some interesting stuff there, funny and informative, if I may say so myself.

Well you know I was having problems getting the paper off of one of the blocks, I finally got it off, and just forgot to finish the dame quilt.  Well it is finish.

SAM_0704SAM_0706

I have finished the quilt, now I will have to look through my stash and find a sashing for it.  Not sure what color I want to use, dark or light brown,  or maybe a dark blue, then I have to find a backing.  I think I will have to hit the fabric store.  Yah, I have a lot of fabric, but I just do not have anything I want to use for a backing.

SAM_0899

Does that second block on the second row from the bottom look kind of off?  I will have to take a closer look at it before I but the sashing on so I want have to take it apart to fix it.

 

 

Well Craftsy BOM is back with two Modern Log Cabin blocks, I guess I will get started on that this week.

I have made new blogging friends, Carol from “Just let me quilt” and Tonya from Hillbilly Handiworks, who is also one of the sponsors for the BINGO coming up next week or is that tomorrow.  I have to look and see.  Well, if you have not been over to their blogs, please go and visit.  Check out my sidebar for other blogs that I visit and check out the buttons too.

Again, check out some of my old posts, they will make you laugh and I think you will enjoy the stories too.

The Slow Quilter

2 comments:

  1. I clicked on the picture to get a better look and I think you're right. All of the other blocks have beautiful contrast, but that block seems to be washed out. I particularly like the center block; it almost looks three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you didn't get anything done on your week off, just wait til you retire LOL

    You just reminded me I need to do my retreat swap blocks... for 2011 and 2009!

    ReplyDelete