Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Falling Behind–NYB

I am falling behind in doing by NYB blocks.  Being sick the last two weeks, has but me behind in a lot of my sewing projects.  I seem to have more fabric in my bed room then down in my sewing room.  On the floor, in bags, on the bed.

SAM_0778SAM_0774SAM_0775

I have been trying to pull fabrics together for both blocks and started cutting, put not sure if I like it or not.  I’m not sure if I will be able to get this finished be for the next block.

SAM_0771SAM_0773SAM_0772

SAM_0776Then as you know I have this little one running around and it is time for him to go to bed.  I hopping that I will have time to get this one and last weeks block completed, then I will have to complete other projects that will be due before you know it.  I wish I could take my sewing machine to work.

 

Well off I go to see if I can put this 1 block together then go to bed.

Falling Behind

The Slow Quilter.

4 comments:

  1. I get nothing done when I have grandchildren around! So I would have to wait until they were in bed! Love the colors you put together~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlthemeseBMarch 28, 2012

    Sounds like to you need to invest in a little featherweight sewing machine. It would be light enough to set up your lunch room or conference room. Linda had organized a quilting group at our agency. We did hand sewing, cutting, helping each other with fabric selections, etc. during our lunch hour. It was sew enjoyable. Can't wait to see your completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about taking the sewing machine to work, even if you only get to sew three seams during lunch break! I used to take fabric and cut during my lunch break but I know that can be a hassle on the Metro. Keep on pushing, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics! I have to audition fabrics for a project a few days before I start cutting them up. During that time I usually change my mine several times.
    Know what you mean about sewing with little ones around. I worry about them being around a rotary cutter.

    ReplyDelete