Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

UFQ - Fininshing One

Rules for Quilting
 1.  Always buy fabric no matter how much you already have
2. Sew All Day and All Night absolutely no cooking allowed
3. Use a lot of spit for tiny droplets of blood, this always makes the quilt personal
4. Always start a new quilt before the last one is finished, this requires you to go back to step # 1

Now rule 4 is why we have UFQs (Unfinished Quilts)  I like this initial better then UFOs.  We have these UFQs because we either get bored with making the quilt we started, or get side track by starting something new.  I fall in both categories, I always want to start something new before finishing what I started.  It is only in quilts, or I get so caught up in my reading I just don't get any quilting done.  But I am on a mission this 2012 to complete all of my UFQs before 2013.  I have not as yet counted how many I have but, as soon as I find them I let you know.

The fist quilt I got my hands on (only because it was under the cutting table), was a crib size Wickedly Easy which was done in colorful flannel and only had to have the binding attached (see yesterday blog). 



After pressing the binding in half, I rolled it on tube (this is a paper towel tube) you all know about this, If you have a long binding it is easy to wrap it around a tube so it want drag on the floor. I have cats, so they would run after it, or it would get dirty with cat hair.

I know you might not have seen this. I have a extra thread holder I use this to sit the tube on so it rolls off the tube while I sewing the binding on.

 Now all I have to do is sit back and sew the binding on.

P.S. To any of my blogger friends, can you give me any tips on uploading my pictures.  It is taken forever for them to upload.  I'm not sure if is my computer, or that the pictures I am using.


Until Next Time

The Slow Quilter


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like WE might be related??? love the rules

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I like your rules! That's a clever way to roll out your binding, I can see how it keeps it from getting tangled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great rules! love the colors on your quilt - I'm gonna try the tube for my next binding - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you crop your pictures? Love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete