Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Cutting Table Is Clean

Well, friends I have finally cleaned off that cutting table.  Rulers are back in their holders, cutting mate is ready for my next project, and I brought three binds to hold some of the fabric on the table.  This is not all my fabric, the rest is in my sewing room, up in my room, still in bags under the sewing table, down the the basement, I might even have some under the bed. What?  Don't you have fabric all over the house.  My fabric stash is so large, I might have to have some of my friend come and shop from my house.  Or even you can win a fabric pack from my later this summer when I go through all this fabric.

Look at what I found on the table when I cleaned it off.  I got this fabric when I when on a bus trip in October 2011.





Great fabric right?  I had planned to use some of the in a cube quilt (tumbling blocks),  Some might make it, others not.

I also found scrap fabric from cuttings.  You know all those scraps that you usually will save to put into another quilt that you have in a bag under your sewing table that you keep saying you are going to use and never do.  I do have one friend who is using her scraps and asking everyone for theirs, Linda from Eat, Sleep, Quilt, she is really a scrapper.

Some were odd shape cuts, so I cut them down to 2 1/2" squares, if they were strip I make sure they are even a put to the side to use maybe as binders.  Let see how much I can collect by the end of the year and if I make anything.  Linda you might be getting my scraps.

Time to sign off now.  Until tomorrow.  Oh before I go here is another old joke:

A little old lady was running up and down the halls in a
nursing home. As she walked, she would flip up the hem of
her nightgown and say 'Supersex...' She walked up to
an elderly man in a wheelchair. Flipping her gown at him,
she said, 'Supersex.' He sat silently for a moment
or two and finally answered, 'I'll take the
soup.'


Happy Quilting
The Slow Quilter

1 comment:

  1. You cleaned your table off, yaaaaay! I actually already used some of the fabric I bought in October, even though I didn't buy much at all. I was determined not to buy much fabric but when we got to Goode's after lunch at Shady Maple, I had to get some of their's!

    ReplyDelete